Solid position in which I can utilize and expand my current skills
while growing with the company
Skills at a glance:
||Years of experience
|System Architecture, Design and Implementation
||August 2006 — Present
|Technical Consultant, Trainer
- Provide personal computing services to corporations and individuals.
- Provide surveillance system design, installation, and consulting
- Perform repair and maintenance on a variety of corporate and
- Provide training for users in all areas of computing.
City Museum, IBC, Cementland, Cassilly & Cassilly, and Store 4, Inc.
|Cyber Czar (IT Departent Head)
||August 2007 — February 2010
- Managed a diversity of projects, including research and implementation
of a large video and audio linux based surveillance system across entire
business including inside of caves and 190 feet in the air, with a
variety of night vision, motion sensing, and custom recording options.
- Tore down and properly customized an existing WEPOS system in the retail
clothing store & coffee bar, increasing productivity, and providing
custom SQL based reports on any information necessary outside of the
- Began integration of legacy POS systems into modern network environment,
then migrating to a modern MS SQL Server based system Developed
self-repairing FreeBSD video wall system scalable to an 800 monitor
display, allowing commodity (donated) hardware to be easily integrated
into the system by anyone.
- Developed relationships with external organizations for supplies of used
hardware for a variety of artistic uses.
- Trained and supported new graphic artist, administrative, and accounting
- Implemented switched network security system, with firewall,
caching/logging proxy, and intrusion detection system while negotiating
a faster, cheaper, more reliable internet connection.
- Repaired windows networking security, implementing Active Directory and
replacing machines with Linux boxes where possible.
- Developed and maintained wiki-based intranet system, improving employee
- Reverse-engineered and documented existing systems, maintaining
documentation on all new deployments.
- Networked antique computerized Wurlitzer theater organ allowing remote
control via desktop or mobile devices by appropriate staff.
Syllogisteks – St. Louis University and BJC Corporate
||May 2004 — October 2006
- Responsible for the standardization of small to large scale software and
hardware rollouts. Provided end user training and support for rollouts.
- Administered and installed multiple Microsoft SQL Servers for many
facility wide applications, including access control, card swipes,
security systems, etc.
- Collaborated on the image creation and implementation across several
different platforms, and a variety of hardware.
- Assisted with creation and ensured the standardization of Active
directory groups and policy creation based on departmental, personal,
and application requirements.
- Worked extensively with unix server team on intranet help system using
Linux and Apache, and established connectivity with existing Solaris
- Determined appropriate hardware, and application needs for many outlying
locations across two states while placing said orders and effectively
implementing appropriate solutions.
- Hands on involvement with both small and large scale implementation
- Tracked all work through Remedy ticketing system.
||October 2000 — May 2004
- Head the IT department for medium size collection agency, administering
a large DB2 UDB database with extensive use of SQL, developing custom
reports in Crystal Reports, developing VB front ends for DB2 AS/400
databases, troubleshooting and programming CL & RPG code.
- Revised old programming to use modern methodology.
- Designed interfaces to translate varied client data into DB2.
- Designed system changes, managed RPG contractors in new program
generation and redesigns to existing code.
- Administered extensive testing project of potential MS SQL Server
- Integrated electronic dialer, manual phone system SMDR information into
call tracking system.
- Installation of new AS/400 hardware and software.
- Installed and maintained linux firewall, web (Apache), and email
- Maintained 85 station network including remote users.
- Installation and repair of all telecommunications equipment, including
punch-downs, individual sets, etc.
||March 1994 — May 2000
- Systems administration duties included network administration,
configuration, database design and administration using SQL in a FoxPro
environment, design of intranet help system, internet design and
publishing, installation and administration of intranet and extranet
software on IRIX 5.3, Windows NT4, FreeBSD, and Linux servers using
Apache and PERL, hardware repair and troubleshooting, user support and
training, and hardware and software acquisition.
- Duties also included device color calibration, and operation and
maintenance of professional digital camera systems. Systems were a
variety of Macintosh and PC models, running MacOS 8.6-9 , Win95/8, and
St. Louis University Health Sciences Center
||August 1991 — February 1994
|Systems Administrator and Graphics Technician
- Graphical responsibilities included presentation design and layout,
assembly of multimedia presentations, and engineering of a multimedia
conference in partnership with Apple Computer, Inc. demonstrating
benefits of technology to a national group of plastic surgeons.
- Administration duties included database design and administration using
SQL in a 4th Dimension environment, installation and administration of
two Netware 3.12 servers with 120 local users, network design and
installation across three buildings, hardware and software acquisition,
hardware and software installation, user support and training.
- Systems were a variety of Macintosh and PC models, running MacOS 7.1.1
and Windows 3.1.
- Responsible for installation, configuration, and operation of
software used on Silicon Graphics workstations running IRIX 4.1 for
computer assisted stereotactic neurosurgery.
- Installation and repair of all electronic surgical equipment.
||September 1994 — October 1996
- Designed and maintained a variety of content for the World Wide Web
performing graphical design and layout, scripting, installation
- Maintenance of internet server including web, mail, dns, and ftp